The Institute for Outdoor Learning conference 2013 will be held on Friday 18th January at Brathay Hall, Ambleside, Cumbria and there are only a few places left.
For those involved in the outdoor learning or activity sectors, this prestigious event has something to suit everybody. From teachers to outdoor activity instructors
Keynote speaker will be Dr Robbie Nicol, senior lecturer in outdoor and environmental education at Moray House Institute, the School of Education of the University of Edinburgh.
Featuring an extensive range of over 30 workshops available to suit all sectors, including;
- The Role of the Technical Advisor
- Sea Kayak Navigation – how to plan simple journeys
- Dark Sky Discovery – practical astronomy for groups
- Into the Wilds: Using creative research and evaluation methods with young people in outdoor and experiential learning settings
- Working with living willow
The Institute for Outdoor Learning encourages outdoor learning by developing quality, safety and opportunity to experience outdoor activity provision and by supporting the good practice of outdoor professionals.
To find out more or reserve your place, visit the Brathay Hall website.