Bio Skin® are one of the biggest names of performance sports bracing globally. With their unique BioSkin material they are able to offer orthopaedic solutions with a high level of compression in their supports.
Sports braces are designed to be used by the active, for those who need a support which can help them go faster and for longer. It is this compression which gives wearers the ability to keep performing by managing the inflammation and pain which accompany an injury.
The material used in BioSkin products is totally unique. A tri-laminate design dramatically enhances comfort and wearability, as the release of excess heat and perspiration keeps the skin cool and dry. BioSkin fits comfortably and easily under clothing.
Bio Skin® offers an alternative to neoprene, by providing a breathable and thinner material that is not only more comfortable, but provides a higher level of compression for the wearer.
Compression is essential in sports braces and supports, offering the wearer a greater stability and support to help prevent injury or manage post rehabilitation.
The Bio Skin® range is also designed to help manage inflammation and pain of the affected area, so the wearer can continue performing for longer.
Bio Skin® products are completely unique, offering four different materials;
- Ultima offers the highest level of compression and is the original Bio Skin® material designed for use with performance skins.
- The Ultima 2s offers soft compression with a super soft micro-fleece lining against the skin as well as being lightweight and thin.
- The Ultima 2Sl offers a compressive hook and loop closure technology and like the 2s, offers a micro-fleece lining for additional comfort.
- Stratus offers compression in conjunction with support in knee skins with material that conforms to the body.
There are a number of key products within the performance apparel range, catering for specific areas of the body and focusing on specific injuries.
Once you know what you need simply visit www.ossurwebshop.co.uk and use the discount voucher code PR100008 to receive 10% off your next online order.
- Back Skin – For Lumbar strains, posture support and Sciatica.
- Standard Elbow Skin – Indicated for bruising, Bursitis and joint swelling.
- Tennis Elbow Skin – Tennis or g0lfer’s elbow (medial / lateral epicondylitis).
- Tennis Elbow Band – Tennis or g0lfer’s elbow (medial / lateral epicondylitis).
- DP2/DP3 Cock-Up Wrist Skin – Carpal tunnel, bursitis, strains, Arthritis, soft tissue injury.
- Boomerang Wrist Strap – Carpal tunnel, Arthritis, Bursitis, Sprains & Strains.
- Wrist/Thumb Spica – De Quervain’s tendonitis, Scaphoid injury, Gamekeeper’s thumb, Bursitis, post cast.
- Thumb Spica – De Quervain’s tendonitis, Scaphoid injury, Gamekeeper’s thumb, Bursitis, post cast.
- Compression Shorts – Ischiocapsular / thigh sprain, Hamstring injuries & hip flexor strain.
- Gladiator Knee Support – Mild knee instability and strains, meniscal tears, osteoarthritis.
- Hinged Knee Skin – Mild knee strains, meniscal tears, early osteoarthritis, patella tendonitis.
- Standard Knee Skin – Mild sprains and strains, meniscal tears, joint swelling.
- Q Lok Brace – Patello femoral/anterior knee pain, patella tracking/subluxation, Chondromalacia Patella.
- Q Brace – Anterior knee pain, patella tracking/subluxation, Chondromalacia Patella.
- Patella Stabiliser – Chondromalacia Patella, Anterior knee pain, mild sprains, meniscal tears, patella maltracking.
- Visco Knee Skin – Mild sprains, inflammation, post arthroscopy, meniscal tears, patella tendonitis.
- Q Baby Patella Tendon Strap – Patella tendonitis or maltracking, Osgood-Schlatter’s disease.
- Under Skin – Mild compression and increased proprioception. Can be worn under a functional knee brace.
- Thigh Skin – Bruising, Iliofemoral pain, thigh sprain.
- Calf Skin – Bruising, shin splints and strains.
- Shinsplints Wrap Band – Bruising, shin splints and strains.
- TriLok Ankle support – Ankle strains, sprains and instability, arthritis, tendonitis, sprain prevention.
- AFTR Ankle support – Sprains, Peroneal/post-tib tendon repair, fusions, hindfoot arthritis.
If you are unsure about which solution is right for you, simply speak with your clinician who will be able to advise which brace would be most effective. You can contact us on 01228 586236 or use the “contact us” form on our website.