The Tour of Britain returns to Carlisle next week, as the city hosts the start of Stage Two on Monday, 16 September.
A reminder to our clients that road closures for the Tour of Britain Cycle race are likely to cause disruption and delays in and around the Carlisle area on Monday 16th September, so please allow plenty of time for your journey if travelling to the clinic.
The 186.6 kilometre leg will take many of the world’s leading cyclists, (including the best of British), south to Kendal.
Road closures and no parking restrictions will start to be put in place from midday Sunday 15 September to 1pm Monday 16 September affecting the following streets;
The restrictions will be fully in place from midnight on the 15th.
- Fisher Street (north west end and very south east end from the no-entry sign);
- Finkle Street (for its full length)
- Castle Street (for its full length)
- St. Mary’s Gate (for its full length)
- Paternoster Row (for its full length)
- Abbey Street
- West Walls (up to the point outside Diocesan Car Park)
- Annetwell Street (for its full length)
- Bank Street (for its full length) and English Street (outside the NatWest bank).
Other restrictions and spectator details are available on the Tour of Britain website