Routine Information Collection
May web servers, websites track basic information about their visitors. This information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages. None of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. The information is tracked for routine administration and maintenance purposes.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Any information given via this site will be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
Controlling Your Privacy
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) stipulates that we must provide individuals with regard to how we collect, use & store personal information.
This privacy notice incorporates all changes effective from 25th May 2018 and replaces and previous privacy notices issued by The Sportsphysio.com or its subsidiaries.
In essence this means there is no real change on our part. We take your privacy as seriously as we always have done and never use your information for purposes other than that required in our dealings with you.
How we collect your information
* Assessment and medical questionnaires
* Orders placed directly with us or via our online store
* From third parties such as other medical practitioners involved in your care
* From third parties referring you for consultation.
What information may we collect
* Any medical history necessary to progress your assessment and treatment.
* Your contact details including name, address, telephone numbers and e.mail address
* Details of any other medical professional involved in your care.
* Your signature.
We use this information for the legitimate purposes of;
* Recording details of treatments or sales.
* Processing of payments and issuing of invoices
* Communication with you
* Communication with other health care professionals with your permission
* Complying with our legal obligations
* Performing essential business functions
How we store your information
* We store information securely in both electronic and paper format.
We take a number of steps to make sure your information is secure including physically restricted access as well as electronic, technical and procedural safeguards.
How long will The Sportsphysio.com keep your information?
All medical records are kept for a minimum of 7 years from the date of your last appointment with us. In the case of minors under 16 years of age, these records are required to be kept for 7 years after their 21st birthday.
What are your rights regarding your personal information?
* You may request at any time details of the information we hold about you on file which we will supply to you usually within one working week or up to a maximum of 3 working weeks.
* Request correction or deletion of personal data. Medical records however, cannot be legally deleted and corrections can only be made as an addendum.
* Request details of information to supplied to other health care professionals involved in your care.
Please note that if we cannot process your personal information it may affect our ability to provide the service you expect.
* You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if your privacy rights are infringed or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any rights under UK law that you have with regard to your personal information then please contact;
Data Privacy Officer
5 High Buildings
Please note that a number of adverts appear throughout this site. Many of these are served by a third party and as such we have little control over them or what information they may collect or display. We display the adverts in good faith and as an additional service for our readers.
We are not responsible for external websites or endorse any claims made. Please consult the privacy policies of the external websites for further information.